The Massachusetts Renaissance Faire is an amazing event whose lifeblood is an incredible group of hard-working, dedicated volunteers. We’re looking for friendly, energetic and enthusiastic individuals to help us make the Faire even more enjoyable for our guests. If you like meeting new people, making friends, and having fun – we’ve got just what you’ve been looking for!
· Setup Crew: If you’re good with a hammer, saw, measuring tape and simple outdoor work we could use your help setting up indoor spaces, signs, games, etc., starting a day or so before the Market opens on Saturday, July 29th. This may require some heavy lifting.
At the Market
· Booths and Information: Volunteers greet guests of the Faire at the entrance, hand out flyers, help with surveys, and provide information to Faire guests. Volunteers in this position may also be asked to man our merch/swap table or the Information Booth. You must be a people person to help in this area. A costume is required for this position.
· Activity Areas: Volunteers are responsible for helping and/or running the activities areas. These include a Maypole-style dance, “Fight the Knight” pit, archery station and tournaments, a Hobby Horse joust, a boffer Capture the Flag game, Storytelling, a dungeon crawl, and possibly other areas as well. A costume is required for these positions. Positions at the archery station or the Fight the Knight pit also require experience with safe combat and or archery practices.
· Parking Crew: Direct guests to designated parking areas and assist security as needed. No costume is required for this position.
· Gophers: During the Faire you are on call to help with various errands on-and-off site. Vehicle required. No costume is required for this position.
· Security: Assist at the front gate and other control points to insure site security. Security assists the parking crew as needed. No costume is required for this position.
· Kitchen Staff: We need a few people willing to be line cooks and bus people throughout the day. No costume is required for this position.
· Scavenger’s Court: Members of the Scavenger’s Court wander the site throughout the day keeping the grounds tidy and free of trash. The King of the Scavenger’s Court also takes care of the Lost and Found. This position may require emptying trash barrels from time to time. This position requires a peasant-style costume.
After the Market Closes
· Breakdown Crew: Once the Market ends we have approximately 2 days to break it all down. We need help taking down decorations, cleaning up, storing signs, etc. Any help is appreciated. This may require some heavy lifting.