The Massachusetts Renaissance Faire is dedicated to providing a harassment-free event experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of event participants in any form. Event participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the event without a refund at the discretion of the event organizers.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Display of explicit sexual images
- Comments or insults based on someone’s gender, gender identity, and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of performances or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact including patting, pinching, stroking, kissing, hugging, fondling, or inappropriate touching
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Repeated and unwanted social invitations for dates or physical intimacy
- Condescending or paternalistic remarks
- Sending sexually explicit messages
- Hostile, humiliating or intimidating behavior
- Sexually-suggestive gestures, whistling, and leering
- Physical violence, including sexual assault
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviors.
- Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
- Performers, exhibitors, vendors, and volunteers at the event, or similar activities are also subject to the anti-harassment policy.
- If a participant engages in harassing behavior, event organizers retain the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the event with no refund.
- We expect participants to follow these rules at all event venues and event-related social activities. We think people should follow these rules outside event activities too!
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it to event staff as soon as possible. Event staff can be identified by bright yellow polo shirts. Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our event for everyone. We want you to be happy at our event. People like you make our event a better place.
You can make a report either personally or anonymously.
You can make an anonymous report with this form.
We can’t follow up an anonymous report with you directly, but we will fully investigate it and take whatever action is necessary to prevent a recurrence.
You can make a personal report by:
- Contacting a staff member, identified by bright yellow polo shirts.
When taking a personal report, our staff will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard. They may involve other event staff to ensure your report is managed properly. Once safe, we’ll ask you to tell us about what happened. This can be upsetting, but we’ll handle it as respectfully as possible, and you can bring someone to support you. You won’t be asked to confront anyone and we won’t tell anyone who you are.
Our team will be happy to help you contact local law enforcement, local support services, provide escorts, or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
Organizers’ Email Address: [email protected]
Faire Phone (may be limited by reception): (860) 294-9519
Cummington Police Department: (413) 634-0056
Local sexual assault hotline: (800) 796-8711
Cooley Dickinson Hospital: (413) 582-2000
Baystate Urgent Care: (413) 387-4100
August 5-6 and 12-13, 2023
August 5th and 6th:
10am-7pm is Family Friendly Faire Fun!
7pm- 10pm is our 18+ Market After Dark
August 12th and 13th:
10am-5pm is Family Friendly Faire Fun and the 13th is Pet Day!
97 Fairgrounds Road, Cummington, MA
97 Fairgrounds Road, Cummington, MA